Tuesday, June 12, 2007
So i'll say this from now until the show, but this is a Can't Miss Show!
Edwin is so good live, i'm not lying! The first time kassie and i saw him was at the Soiled Dove in Denver across the street from Coors Field. It's a tiny little club, and Edwin played acoustic with his buddy Craig who plays horns, keys, and anything else.
We also saw him play in Boulder last year, which was great.
I tell so many people about Edwin, and his music, and how his live performances are just great, yet, no one ever takes me up on going to the show. in fact, i don't know if anyone besides our buddy Jen have even listened to Edwin.
Anyway, the show is July 2nd at the Soiled Dove. If you're cool you'll be there. I don't know what else to say except that this will be my favorite show of the summer.
Friday, June 8, 2007
Thursday, June 7, 2007
So i decided to make a list of the songs that were the most impactful relating to that season of my life. Instead of going year by year, i went by school years ya know, like 04-05 to 05-06. anyway, this was a really fun list to make, thinking back to high school and even jr high and what i was listening to at the time. so here it is: The Songs of My Life
- 6th Grade (1993-1994): Boyz II Men - Thank You. My first CD player, and my first CD
- 7th Grade (94-95): Garth Brooks - If Tomorrow Never Comes. I played this in the jukebox at Round Table Pizza every time we went there
- 8th Grade (95-96): Skankin' Pickle - Fakin Jamaican. A quick ska phase thanks to Lindsay Strannigan and Shep Sheppard
- 9th Grade (96-97): MxPx - Chick Magnet. Guiltripp was formed and we covered this song, it was like the first song we learned
- 10th Grade (97-98): Dropkick Murphys - Barroom Hero. My punk years begin with a sampler from Hellcat Records, and seeing the Murphys at Bo Jangles
- 11th Grade (98-99): Straight Faced - Against. I loved these guys in High School, everyone had their band and mine was Straight Faced.
- 12th Grade (99-00): AFI - Malleus Maleficarum. AFI was our favorite band as a group and went and saw them in SF, one of the greatest shows of my life.
- Freshman College (00-01): John Mayer - Comfortable. At CCU i discover a new stye of music and love it. This song was close to me because my HS girlfriend and i finally broke up and this was the song i was listening to at the time.
- Sophomore College/Engagement (01-02): Ky-mani Marley - Buffalo Soldier. Discovered this great track and it became the theme song for the Lasalle House and all of our YMCA basketball games.
- 1st year of marriage (02-03): Edwin McCain - Anything Good About Me. Kassie introduces me to Edwin and I'm hooked!
- 2nd year of marriage (03-04): Lumindee - Uh Oh. Kass and I go to Hawaii for our anniversary and this song played on the radio over and over. we still listen to it.
- 3rd year of marriage (04-05): Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up. Kassie and I become obsessed with BEP and even get to see them with Gwen Stefani.
- 4th year of marriage (05-06): Comeback Kid - Wake the Dead. So i listen to Killing the Dream's ep and realize i miss hardcore/punk. I get back into my roots and this song by Comeback Kid sealed the deal.
- 5th year of marriage (06-07): Bebo Norman - I Will Lift My Eyes. I've always listened to Bebo and his latest cd is amazing. We got to see him play a few months back and its one of the few artists that kass and i both get overly excited to see. (the others would be BEP and Edwin McCain).
So there you go, what an interesting list, and it brings back so many great memories. i encourage people to make the same list, you could even post it in the comments section of this blog.